Thursday, August 6, 2009

About Your Author

I love all things horror. My earliest genre recollection is watching Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining" on cable in the early 1980's (I was born in 1974). Incidentally, this gem is still top on my scariest films list and I actually won my DVD copy of it by doing the best Jack Nicholson impression ("I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm just gonna bash your head in. Bash it right the fuck in!) in front of a packed theater at a midnight showing of the movie. Still one of my finest moments!!

I am a complete sucker for what I consider to be the original and big horror franchises including the following: "Halloween"; "Friday the 13th"; "A Nightmare on Elm Street"; "Texas Chainsaw Massacre"; and, "Hellraiser" (among others). I absolutely love sequels for the very reason that they are usually more debated than the original films and I love anything that promotes discussion of the horror genre. In fact, one of my all-time favorite movies is a sequel--"The Exorcist III".

I will continue to post all things horror on this blog and hope that you dig it and check it regularly. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment